19 March, 2013

Pink Blush Maternity Review


     I had heard that boys make you "gain weight everywhere".  I was worried.  But towards the end of my pregnancy, I was baffled to find that I had gained the least amount of weight of all my pregnancies, yet I fit into almost nothing!  It wasn't fun.  I felt huge, my legs were so big!  But the scale actually got me into trouble with the doctor I was seeing.  He told me that I had absolutely not gained enough weight that previous week.  In fact, according to the scales, I had LOST 4 lbs... in a week!
      What the heck!?  How do I gain 6 lbs one week and lose 4 lbs the next?  And still look fat?  It turns out that it was all just water retention and now I hardly recognize my legs, they look like chicken legs compared to what they were.  That water retention didn't last, but it sure made fitting into my clothes super hard at the time.  I am so glad I had a few pieces of clothing that didn't care what size I was.

      One of those items was this awesome purple chain belted dress from PinkBlush Maternity.  I wore it til the very last week of my pregnancy and could wear it now and look just as great without the belly.  Well, you know, if I didn't have that strange expression on my face I could.  I wore it to church and I wore it for every day things too.  I adore the color!  PinkBlush has other things in this color too, like this purple cowl neck top:
     And they also have lots of other maxi dresses.  I personally love the maxi dresses.  I also love a good spring or summer dress, which PinkBlush has a good stock of.  Their stock is always updated and kept fresh.  Check out this fun dress:
     Isn't it cute?  You know what I love about everything on PinkBlush?  There are no cheesy shirts with tacky sayings or anything that you can't wear a year down the road.  All of them will look great even after pregnancy.  None of them scream maternity, yet all clearly were intended for maternity.  It's awesome, clothes you don't have to pack up or donate a few months after purchase.  They become a permanent part of your wardrobe and you can wear them a few years from now should you ever be pregnant again.  Isn't that what every girl wants in a maternity outfit?
     Pink Blush has shirts and maternity pants too, everything you could want in your closet :)
     Now, a belt did originally come with this dress.  To be honest, I fell asleep in it the day I got it and one of the tassels broke off.  It is a super easy fix and I shouldn't have slept in the dress.  I blame myself, but I like the dress just as well without it.
     Overall, I love the dress and would definitely visit them again if I ever needed anything else maternity.
     Where did you get your favorite maternity piece?

Except for the product(s) given to me for the purpose of reviewing, I received no compensation for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Enter to Win a Year of Kiwi Crate!

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design