04 April, 2012

Then Sings My Soul, Book 3 Review



http://www.berean.com/images/products/9780849947131.jpg


A while back I was thrilled to tell you all about a great book called Then Sings My Soul.  It is an awesome collection of hymns and each hymn is accompanied by it's background, a little story about how it came to be or what it stands for.  I love the book and am so glad to have it in my collection.

Now I am even more excited because now I have a second book, though not THE second, of the trilogy series on my shelves.  Then Sings My Soul, Book 3 by Robert J. Morgan is just as great as the first.  In fact, I like it better.  It is done differently than the first books, which were written in 2003 and 2004.  Although it has fewer hymns and hymn back-stories than the first two, it has things the other two do not.
http://www.robertjmorgan.com/files/cache/6d92412c0edbda1d61c1c4adf9b101d2.png
It starts with a history of hymns in the christian faith.  It talks about biblical hymns, ancient hymns, southern gospel and more.  Then it goes on to tell the story behind fifty-six hymns of all sorts of different time periods along with the sheet music to them.  I wish I could play an instrument because I know I would enjoy the book even more.  After those fifty-six hymns, he goes over another six more recognized hymns.

I absolutely recommend this series to anyone who loves a good hymn, or even christian history buffs.  You will NOT be disappointed in these books, I guarantee it.



This book was given to me by Thomas Nelson to review and the opinions in this review are 100% accurate to my own view.

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design