19 March, 2011

21 Day Weight Loss Kick Start Review

If you are like me, losing weight just isn't happening.  I switched to chicken instead of beef... and I gained 10 lbs in one month!  I thought, 'What the heck is going on here!?  I switch to the healthier meat and GAIN weight!?'  In my body's defense, I was eating a LOT of meat and skipping the veggies, because that chicken was seriously too good to leave leftovers.  But I was seriously getting depressed about it, which honestly, is the only reason I caved and got the book.  But I am so glad I did.

I am still overweight.  In fact, I haven't lost any weight yet, but tomorrow is the start of my 21 Day Weight loss Kick start.  I would start today, but I have raw beef in the fridge, so I will have some nice steak tonight as a farewell to meat and start tomorrow.

Yes, I said "farewell to meat".   Why?   Because apparently, meat is LOADED with stuff that is NOT helping me lose weight, in fact, as my scale will attest to, it is only helping me look 5 months pregnant.  Yeah, it's sad.  This book helped me understand exactly why my meat eating ways is causing this weight gain.  And I will say this, fat and depressed or not, I DO have hope, and I also have support, and it is in this book.

I never thought that I would be a vegan, and I am still not sure that I can do it 100% for always.  But I am going to do it until I am down 15 lbs or until I lose my meat-loving sanity, whichever comes first.  This book is full of recipes though, and I am sure that I will like at least some of them.  I am especially interested in the hummus and the gravy, which I will use to make those portobello mushrooms taste just a little more meat-like.  I have to say though, as much as I hate the McDonald's sandwiches that showcase the mushrooms (I gag the second it hits my tongue), I was very pleasantly surprised when I cooked them for a wrap and really enjoyed them.  If you fry them dry with a little steak seasoning, they are not bad.

So, if you are looking for something to help you get started in going vegan or if you are looking for help with weight loss, I HIGHLY recommend this book.  It is so easy to understand, even if you aren't a biology freak, you can understand this material.  I will keep you all updated on my progress as I go.  Wish me luck!


Disclaimer: I received these products to review and was not paid for this review. My review is 100% my honest opinion. Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design