09 January, 2011

***Soda Stream Review***

      I love soda.... everyone who knows me, knows that I have a certain soda on hand ... all the time. So you can probably guess how excited I was when I got the chance to review the SodaStream soda machine!! This machine allows you to make your own soda from water and flavored syrup. Yup... genius! It's really simple to use. It comes with 3 main pieces.  The machine, the CO2 tank and the bottles.  Then of course whatever flavors you feel like having.
     If you run out of CO2, you can exchange an empty tank using their carbonator wizard.  This is the only unfortunate side I saw to the whole thing.  I am glad that they exchange, but I didn't realize the carbonation tanks would be so pricey.

Recommended Package: $44.98


Your carbonator package includes:
1 Exchange
1 Spare


     But I am impressed that they take old tanks.  That is a plus.  For all you jumpy people, like me, no worries on the tank lid popping under pressure or anything when you insert it, because the bottles you use get screw in, not popped on. There is a release of air but not bad (just giving heads up). You fill the bottle with water and screw it on. Then you choose the amount of carbonation you would like. When it buzzes 3 times, that is regular carbonation. Which is the setting I now use. I was getting a salty / bitter taste in the back of my throat and thought it may have something to do with the carbonation. When I didn't carbonate as much, it didn't seem as harsh. So that may have been it.
     After it buzzes you take the bottle off and add the syrup. It's that easy. You can also recarbonate the stuff... which is great! No more flat sodas :) My favorite flavor I tried from SodaStream was their ginger ale, hands down. Here are all their flavors... go check it out! The water is good too, but it's not real strong. In my opinion it's more of an after taste that you only taste when you breathe in afterward.  It's strange, but I still enjoy it. The bottles they give you are like 1 liters but they are hard plastic, which I like. But, do NOT dishwash it! They become unsafe after that so please do not put this in the dishwasher.

If you want to watch a demonstration, feel free to check out the tons of videos on Youtube, like this one:

     Overall I give this product a definite 5 stars. My family loves making our own soda and trying out the new flavors. I recommend this product for sure.


Disclaimer: I received these products to review and was not paid for this review. My review is 100% my honest opinion. Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comments:

Kay said...

Following you from the Tuesday Twitter Hop. Great site!

Please visit us at http://thissahmsworld.blogspot.com and at twitter @thissahmsworld.

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design