19 November, 2010

***Simple Times by Amy Sedaris review***


I'll be perfectly honest.  I have been putting this review off for a few days because quite frankly, I'm just not sure what to think about this book.


Let me just say first of all, that Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People is NOT intended for children.  It is an adult humor/craft book.  I say this because of content in it that is not suitable for children.


Now that that is out of the way, let's get to the book itself.  And to do that, we must first introduce you to it's author, Amy Sedaris.

As you can see, she has her own brand of humor that can be very very funny.  And she brings that humor into her books as well.


This book does have lots of craft ideas in it.  Are they crafts that I would make?  Ummm, probably not.  Are they crafts that the kids might enjoy, yeah probably.  But then, the book isn't really geared toward children.


This book is more for the purpose of entertaining.  And parts of it are very funny.  I especially like the part about crafting for those in chronic pain.  And it does have some good ideas that I may actually utilize later, like the box distressing for angry teens.  It has sections for Jesus-related crafts,  dollhouse miniatures, and crafting safety, among others.


Honestly, I think I will try out a few of the recipes in the book and then pass it on.  But if you have the right brand of humor, this book might be a really good read for you.


Are you crafty?


Disclaimer: I received these products to review and was not paid for this review. My review is 100% my honest opinion. Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design